03 April 2009

Five Senses Friday

I've decided to participate in Five Senses Friday after really enjoying Julia's posts on the theme.

So, here's my first post on my sensual "best of-s" of the week:

Taste:
  • The first gin and tonics on our patio
  • Organic tangerines from our new farmshare subscription
  • Green tea while I read my favorite blogs after work
See:
  • Tumbleweeds blowing across the highway
  • A slant of afternoon light across the sprouts in the garden
  • Two doves nuzzling on a telephone wire
  • Budding branches against a big blue sky
Touch:
  • thin cotton for the quilt I am piecing by hand
  • my favorite spring T-shirt
  • sand between my toes when the wind blows through my sandals
Smell:
  • The basil after it's watered (I love how disturbing it slightly releases its fragrance)
  • Geranium leaves
  • A (semi) freshly bathed, warm dog
  • Coffee in the morning
Hear:
  • A blackbird cawing in a treetop
  • Billy playing his guitar
  • The dogs romping together in the backyard

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online