01 August 2008

A Schrenschnitte Experiment



I am really inspired by all the papel de picado (pretty Mexican papercuts that are strung together to create an airy tissue paper garland) I'm seeing around Albuquerque, so I took out a book from the library and experiment with the German style of papercutting, also known as Schrenschnitte.

Not wanting to invest in any more craft supplies, I simply traced a pattern and ripped out a pretty photograph from an issue of Martha Stewart Living. I really like how each side has a different feel to it.

I see a lot of potential here for crafting with vintage and repurposed papers, and also for all those vintage images I love--- I'm looking for some tips and tricks on creating my own patterns.

1 comment:

Ivy & Mae said...

very interesting! I really like the use of a magazine to do it too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online