Julia at minecreations posted a list of intended craft projects for 2008.
I, too, am a fastidious keeper of lists. Unfortunately, I can never seem to keep them all in one place. They float into the ether on scraps of old envelopes, random emails to myself I late delete, Post-It notes that the dog eats . . . you get the idea.
So here are my crafty intentions for 2008 for all the world to see:
- Get back into sewing. I need to buy a new machine and have an eye on a Janome for my birthday. (The picture above is my grandmother's old Singer that I learned on. My later model Singer does not work well at all.)
- Make some clothes for myself. I really want to try the Simplicity patterns put out by Built by Wendy.
- Sew some cute, reusable grocery bags.
- Experiment with Gocco printing on wood.
- Experiment with a combination of Gocco printing and embroidery.
- Read The New Gocco Guide by Claire Russell.
- Learn needle felting and make little mini versions of my pups.
- Keep a sketchbook and draw regularly in it, rather than relying on the vision in my head.
- Bind another book with the method I learned from the lovely Angela Liguori.
- Knit up the super soft, super luxe bamboo yarn my mom bought me for Christmas!