05 September 2008

Hello Out There

I've been quite the lazy blogger lately. I think there's been a few things holding me back--- adjusting to our new life in New Mexico, and trying to wiggle out of the creative rut I've been in.

I realize that the now limited supply of Gocco materials out there (as well as the jump in prices and almost-near hysteria) is slowly forcing me to find a new craft. This makes me really sad, and I think a bit "stuck." While I've been experimenting with papercutting and more projects involving found and recycled paper and will share more soon, I really am mourning Gocco . . . a bit prematurely, I know. But it makes me so sad that it will soon go the way of the Polaroid.

I've also been fighting off a massive bout of homesickness. This is the loveliest time of year in New England, the time I drive from Boston to Vermont with the windows open, to go apple picking with my grandmother and enjoy all the fried-food goodness at the state fair. Albuquerque is beautiful, but I feel seasonally out-of-sorts. I'm anxiously awaiting the balloon fiesta, which will become our new tradition here!

3 comments:

Raine K said...

Try going to Silver City in a few weeks - they've got great fall color down there.

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

i'm sorry to hear that you are feeling homesick. it can be so hard to get in a new groove. i know i'm having a hard time! but i'm thinking about you! you are definitely not alone :)

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

If it makes you feel any better, tonight we're weathering Hannah- not so pretty.

I think that the seasons changing is what I like most about this area, though. I can see why you'd miss it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online