20 November 2008

Rediscovering

I was still playing around with my Gocco fabric printing experiment up until this week. I knew I wanted the end product to eventually be Christmas ornaments, but I wasn't exactly sure what the final result would look like. Then, when organizing my studio, I found the stash of embroidery floss above. I've had it since high school and it was added to by the mother of my college roommate. In any case, I hadn't touched it in a long time.

That's when I got the idea to finish the ornaments using blanket stitch, for a rustic, vintage cabin-in-the-woods feel. Here is a picture of the Gocco printing on linen in the early stages. I used a hand stamp kit and then heat set the prints before cutting them into squares.

And here is the finished product, lightly stuffed with batting and edged in blanket stitch. As is the rule with good embroidery, I tried to make the back look as neat as the front. If you want to learn blanket stitch, futuregirl has an excellent tutorial that I used as a refresher.

Well, that was it! I hope people like them, and I hope to have these listed in the shop shortly. I'll post a notice when I do.

4 comments:

Julia said...

oh, they're adorable!

and look how neat your embroidery floss is!! that is seriously impressive.

picciolo said...

these are lovely!
: )

Unknown said...

Those are adorable!

Unknown said...

Very nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online