24 February 2009

My Year of Meat

I have a shameful secret I've been keeping from you, readers. About six months back I started eating meat again. I've always gone back and forth between being a vegetarian and a "flexatarian," but this past fall the desire for meat hit me full force.

I do try to still make healthy choices, like organic free range chicken and salmon, and I try to limit my intake to only a couple of times a week. But that doesn't take into account the bacon cheeseburger I had at the Owl Cafe. Put simply, I put the guilt out off my mind, chowed down between ecstatic moans, and washed it down with an egg cream. And I am not going to feel bad about it, because it was just that awesome.

Anyhow, there are a lot of reasons I'm eating meat again, and I don't want to necessarily get into all of them with my beloved vegetarian readers. I'm not sure I feel all that great about the choice, but in some ways I am really enjoying it. Does your body enjoy most what it needs most? I have no idea.

{Meat magnets available in the Etsy shop.}

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online