17 April 2009

Five Senses Friday

Taste
  • Asparagus and Leek Quiche (see here)
  • Dulce de leche ice cream.
  • The half and half I had to use up from making the quiche, in my coffee. I never have half and half in my coffee. It is divine.
See
  • The entire mountain range covered by rain clouds
  • The teeniest, tiniest little grey bird flying across our path during a walk. I'm still wondering what is was.
  • A profusion of intensely purple prickly pear along the sidewalk.
  • Someone's chicken ambling through the neighborhood.
Touch
  • Running my fingers through our terrier's wiry hair.
  • Cold toes. Spring is being fickle but I refuse to go back to shoes instead of sandals.
Smell
  • Apple blossoms.
  • Rain. Even if it is only a few drops, I can smell it here so intensely.
Hear
  • These crazy black birds (a grackle?) that make noises like car alarms.
  • Emiliana Torrini, Me and Armini
  • Allison Sattinger, Steady Heart

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online