08 April 2009

Grilled Baby Artichokes


I have mentioned our new farmshare subscription before, and I could go on and on about it in a variety of ways. One of the things I really like, though, is the fact that the seasonal selections mean that we are eating a greater variety of fruits and veggies beyond what we'd normally select at the supermarket. We're breaking out of some nutritional ruts and trying new things (other members of the household remain doubtful).

When I picked up the box yesterday, it contained six baby artichokes. I love artichokes, but I had never prepared them before and was a little intimidated. We grilled them using this recipe (it needed some salt and pepper in my book), and it was easy-peasy. I'm glad I only did three, because I want to try another method later in the week. We had them alongside sweet potato pizza on a whole-wheat crust (it sounds weird, but it's a staple recipe in our house and everyone who tries it loves it!)

Tonight I'm mulling over new things to do with kale and asparagus. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online