03 February 2008

The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp

Sometimes I get caught up in the day-to-day of "real life" (although right now the fridge is empty and the laundry basket it full), and sometimes I get caught up in the "operations" side of crafting--- ordering supplies, scheduling shows, promoting, trying to make a workable space.

One book I love and reread from time to time is The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp. Though she is a modern dancer and choreographer, her recommendations for re energizing your creative well are inspiring no matter what media you work in. Chapter by chapter, Tharp explains the habits she has used to keep ideas flowing throughout her long career, and how she gets herself "unstuck" during those not-so-creative times.

The book is definitely worth a look.

3 comments:

Ivy Arts said...

Sounds like a great book to have around. I hope I remember it the next time I'm in the library or bookstore (I'm usually so bad at that.)

Allison said...

I'm going to look for this at the library - thanks for the recommendation! By the way - very excited for the rest of your Jane series :]

Andrea said...

ooh, can't wait to pick this one up! i studied art direction, so i've read tons of books on being creative as related to advertising. but how refreshing for a book on creativity to be written by a dancer. thanks for the tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online