22 February 2008

More Space, More Things?



My husband and I live in a very small urban space. Very small. So I squelch my inner collector in the hopes that it will maintain my sanity and a sense of order in the apartment. Two things I have a real weakness for, though, are vintage kitchenware (especially pretty plates) and old ephemera like photobooth pictures and postcards. Right now I keep a collection of Victorian postcards and old photobooth snapshots in an album.

I was so inspired to see the way Lisa Congdon arranges her collections of similar items (via Poppytalk). Maybe someday?

6 comments:

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

i love those very things too! and yes, like you, i try to keep my collecting to a minimum until scott and i have a bigger space. can't wait!

Victoria said...

Oh, what a beautiful way to display collections! I love the simplicity, and the flow!

Carol said...

Love the plate arrangement!
Now that I know what to do with them, I'm giving myself permission to buy all the one-of-a-kind plates I find at garage sales! Thanks :)

Ivy & Mae said...

I LOVE the plates. That is such an awesome arrangement.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

The plates look like button! So fun!!

Racheal said...

I saw Lisa's photos on http://www.sfgirlbybay.blogspot.com

It looks cool without being cluttered...inspiration ensued

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online