21 February 2008

Gocco Printing on Wood


Over the past few months I've been charmed by wood veneer stationery making the rounds in the blog world (Oslo Press and Night Owl Paper Goods have particularly lovely designs). All this veneer, along with the current faux bois trend, got me curious if Gocco printing would work well on wood. The news I heard from other Gocco'ers wasn't encouraging, but I decided to give it a go--- mostly because a wood veneer wholesaler was kind enough to send me a whole package of samples to experiment with before I decided to place a big order.

Above is the result. The ink took well, and the image is true to the design. My only concern is that the wood veneer is too thin to hold up for correspondence--- the corners have already bent. I think I will hold off listing any in my Etsy shop until the quality is perfect. The wholesaler does have a "postcard weight" veneer that may hold up better.

I'll follow up with another post!

4 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Cool idea! Hope you can work out all the details.

parrott design studio said...

I am really liking it! I have been wondering how the gocco would take to wood. I am still trying to perfect gocco on fabric, then perhaps I will move to wood :) I look forward to seeing what else you print!!

MyUglyKitty said...

I just ordered a bunch of wood postcards from Night Owl to try with my Gocco. Is that where you ordered yours?

cayleen said...

I think that looks great! I need to order some postcard samples etc... preferably in sheets. doesn't that make it cheaper??? you tell me! hope you can help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online