19 March 2008

Busy Bee

So let me start by saying my cookbook idea was completely insane. I'm running a small business, trying to ignore the pile of 50-plus research papers written by sixteen year-olds, and planning a cross-country move. And I think I have time to methodically cook a shelf full of recipes? Um, no.

I will be trying a more flexible approach, though, and I'll post the best recipes here.

Another thing that has been keeping me so busy is a custom order for wedding invitations. The bride and her husband-to-be are actors who are getting married in late summer in a Northern California vineyard. They wanted a simple, summery, and rustic invitation (and green--- the invites are on recycled paper). We incorporated the bee silhouette as a mirror image, since bees are a special symbol for them.

I had so much fun collaborating on this project and am finishing the RSVP cards and envelopes this weekend. Interested in a custom order? Feel free to email me.

3 comments:

letitiah said...

that's a really cool take on the bee -- a way of depicting the bee that you (or, at least, *i*) don't see often. I really like how they came out and i'm sure the couple will, too!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Oh my. I admire just the idea that you had the idea to cook all the recipes. I can't even get thru "appetizers" in my trusty Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book Bible.

Caroline said...

I LOVE doing custom work for people. Those invites are so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online