13 April 2008

Lists . . . and Boston

So we came to the realization awhile ago that we are leaving Boston in a matter of months--- months! We got slightly tipsy and, in our stupor, made a list of things to do (and do again) before we leave the city.

I went to college here (like lots and lots of other people), moved away for grad school, returned, and have had a love-hate relationship with the city for twelve years now. As much as I feel ready to leave, I'll also be sad to go. I was walking the dogs this morning along the Charles River, and the sunrise, the scullers moving across the water, the ducks and geese along the banks and the daffodils in bloom--- all of it made me rather sentimental.

Here's some of our list for the next few weeks:
If you are not a local and are visiting any time soon, I highly recommend doing all of the above, and then some.

8 comments:

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

hey there! a few of these are on our list too :) we also love clear flour rosebud's! it's nice that you will have part of the summer to savor new england!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Aw... well you will go out with a bang!!

Liz Smith said...

I don't pay attention well, where are you moving to??

And good luck!!

picciolo said...

it sounds like you are going to have a busy and fun few weeks! And i've never heard of microloans before, what a wonderful idea.
: )

ThePeachTree said...

Okay, that's it, I'm planning another trip to Boston :) Maybe we'll rent a car this time instead of taking the Fung Wa...

Ivy & Mae said...

great list. I haven't been there since 2001--I need to go back!

Angela said...

Liz, we are moving to New Mexico in late June/early July! I picked up the bread from Clear Flour this afternoon . . . we are having it with a very French dinner of eggs and asparagus (recipe to follow).

Liz Smith said...

Oh noes! Boston will miss you, New Mexico is lucky, bon voyage and hope you LOVE your new home!! Will look back to see pics :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online